6 Things to Do in Toronto this Summer
The weather is warming up so naturally there's an angst to go outside and see what the city has to offer. Here's 6 things to do this summer in Toronto!
1. Catch some free outdoor movies There’s a lot of options here, there’s the Christie Pits festival, there’s the Open Roof festival, there’s the Toronto outdoor picture show, and so so many more. The point is if you want to bask in the nice warm weather and be entertained while doing it, finding an outdoor film festival is the way to go. Many of these happen to be free too, so grab a picnic basket, some wine (shhh we never told you to drink in public) and enjoy a quality movie outside.
2. Head to Fan Expo So much to do at Fan Expo. Get professional photos with some of your favourite celebrities, check out some panels, or just people watch and spot some awesome costumes. This year we got Jeff Goldblum, Michael J. Fox, and Wallace Shawn in attendance, so it’s gonna be quite a nostalgia fest.
When: Thursday August 30th – Sunday September 2nd
3. Eat strange foods @ CNE Can never got wrong with CNE, but one of the best parts of CNE has to be the insane deep-fried food concoctions it brings. There are plenty of foodfests during the warmer months in Toronto, but CNE truly brings out the strange, keep your eyes peeled if you’re in attendance.
When: Friday August 17th – Monday September 3rd
4. Tastemaker Toronto Some of Toronto and Chicago’s best chefs coming together for a weekend of delicious food and fun. The event starts May 18th so grab tickets ASAP if you haven’t already!
When: When: Friday May 18th – Sunday May 20th
5.Hit up Pride Toronto This is year is Pride’s 38th annual festival in Toronto! Being in the middle of Dundas square with an estimated 1.2 million attendees makes it pretty hard to miss, once again it’s going to feature the staple Pride parade and the streetfair, so go out, have fun, and support an important cause.
When: Friday June 22nd – Sunday June 24th
6. Tiffany Falls If you need a break from the city this is a quaint little location near Hamilton where you can cool off and see some beautiful nature. It’s beautiful during the winter, and super refreshing in the summer!
Written by Mouhamad Mbacke
Author email: email@example.com
Posted on May 8, 2018